Skip to content
Nutritious Food Groups
Antelope Dental Associates2020-10-06T08:00:50-07:00
For a Healthy Diet
These nutritious foods can build health, ward off disease, and taste wonderful!
- Fatty fish—broiled, baked, or grilled—may lower triglycerides and blood pressure, increase good cholesterol levels, and reduce the risk of clotting.
- Whole grains are full of fiber, flavor, and texture. They may lower your risk of heart disease, Type II diabetes, and cancer.
- Tomatoes practically burst with B and C vitamins, minerals, and lycopene, which may reduce your risk of cancer and heart attack.
- Berries (such as blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, or raspberries) provide antioxidants, which may lower your risk of cancer and heart disease. They are also high in fiber and taste great!
- Cruciferous & “leafy green” vegetables—cabbage, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, bok choy, and brussels sprouts—give you vitamins A and C, fiber and phytochemicals that may reduce your risk of cancer. They’re cholesterol-free, low in fat and calories too.
- Soy is so beneficial you’ll want to find a palatable source—it may protect against cardiovascular disease and some cancers.
- Fat-free, fortified dairy products provide protein, calcium, trace minerals, and vitamin D. They may help ward off osteoporosis, hypertension, stroke, and colon cancer.
- Nuts are high in protein, minerals, and vitamins while being cholesterol-free. Their omega-3 fatty acids may reduce your bad cholesterol—LDL—and your risk of heart attack or coronary artery disease.
- Green tea provides flavonoids, which may prevent heart problems and certain cancers.